My Teenage Mind

by Aaron Wine

This is a collection of poems that were mostly written when I was a teenager. I wanted to publish these in an actual book myself, but it proved to be time-consuming and costly. So here I am. Keep in mind, I was 15-19 when I wrote all but two or three of these.

...and a little fun

I don’t always take things so seriously. Sometimes I like to just make up stuff and run with it. I find it fun to write about what I ate for breakfast, or about dozing off, or even what someone else may be thinking. The downside of actually trying to be creative is it often isn’t very good. It’s quite hard to sit down and make up feelings or think of something that might be funny. More frequent than not, it’s only funny to me. All in all, I write for me first. What I find good or entertaining may not be at all. I could care less.







My Day


Time passes slowly alone
With my day off and no one home
10 o’clock and I’m up
Pour some coffee in my cup
Take a shower at 10:30
Sometimes I wake up feeling dirty
Out at 11 watch some TV
In my drawers, who’s gonna see?
Noontime, Springer’s on
1 o’clock, get my eat on
2 o’clock, feeling tired
Drink more coffee, now I’m wired
2:30, knock at the door
Got company, stays till 4
Need a drink, almost 5
Got fifty cents, need a dime
Around 5:30, fell asleep
Woke up at 7 to a ring
My cell’s going off, who is this
An “I Love You” voicemail from someone I miss
I call her back; 7:30’s the time
Real, real hungry, but I ain’t buying
Eat some Ramen at around 8
With a sandwich on a paper plate
9 o’clock I got a call
Friend from school wants to play ball
Not at no 9, he must be crazy
Don’t he know it’s dark and I’m lazy
9:30, two-way page
An e-mail saying, “Meet me at the place”
Delete the message, leaving at 10:30
Get dressed and gone in a hurry
Back home, around 2 or 3:10
Go to sleep, that’s how my day went




Old Age


My son suggested I do something
To find a better way to un-wind
Pottery class, before my meds, gets me goin’
Especially when some of the pills aren’t even mine
The queen of England did my hair today
She was, oh, so nice
I wanted it dyed brown, but it turned blue
Uh, nurse, may I have some ice?
My little girl comes and visits me
Although I don’t remember ever giving birth
She’s three years old now, or maybe nine
When I had her, it must have really hurt
Sometimes I talk to my friend
They say her name is Imaginary, we talk all the time
She told everyone else her name
But not me; even though I told her mine
We like to mix things up sometimes
Like speeding up the record player during aerobics
It’s funny to see Sunny, Cecil, and Mortimer
Do fast toe-touches for kicks
My nurse Jenny treats me so well
She calls me Mother and I don’t know why
I only have one daughter, her name is Jenny too!
But she doesn’t visit, she never comes by
Did I mention I met the Queen?
She told me to do some writing
Then something about meds, I don’t know
Where’d she go?
I really think she’s hiding.




Boredom


Never ending boredom plagues my life
Nothing ever to do is the cause of my strife
The weather restricts me from any activity
Which drives my attitude to negativity
I can’t keep money in my wallet
Because anything I wanted before, I bought it
My girlfriend left, she now has things to do
If I was dating some one older I would too
School takes a large part of my day
Work gives me money, but I have bills to pay
Television seems to be my new best friend
Hopefully some time soon that will come to an end
Life isn’t fun when you’re bored all the time
But I’m pretty sure I’ll be just fine




Bored


Nothing to do on a sunny day
Trapped inside from Seattle rain
Warm glowing sun halted by walls
Roof protects from cold rainfall
Too tired, too lazy to even get up
Too cold, too wet; the rain won’t let up
Blue skies, fluffy clouds, and birds free to chirp and fly
Wind blows, dark clouds, birds stay inside
Bored to death with nothing to do
Bored to death with nothing to do




Can’t Sleep


My mind is clouded with random thoughts
Most meaningless and others won’t stop
Can’t sleep at all, hard to even close my eyes
Too many things to be done, so very little time
Tired during the day, wide-awake in the night
Nothing feels comfortable; bed, couch, floor
Can’t deal with the noise; pets, appliances, people snore
My blanket just isn’t warm enough
Can’t remember if I turned up my alarm enough
My pillow ain’t soft no more, feathers coming out
Ran to get some cough syrup to find we’re running out
Maybe if I just relax it’ll be ok
Just sit here writing the night away
Can’t keep my eyes open, breaths getting deep
I think-
I’m-
Going-
To…




Last One


What happens when
There are no more thoughts left in my pen
When my mind is blank
And I just can’t think
Words don’t make sense anymore
Its like I’ve never written anything before
Like stories told from a four year old
I don’t know if I could write anymore
I don’t know if its writer’s block
Or the inspiration has stopped...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home