My Teenage Mind

by Aaron Wine

This is a collection of poems that were mostly written when I was a teenager. I wanted to publish these in an actual book myself, but it proved to be time-consuming and costly. So here I am. Keep in mind, I was 15-19 when I wrote all but two or three of these.

Introduction

This is a collection of poems that I’ve written in my teenage years. During these years I began writing down my thoughts and ideas in forms of playful little rhymes. Mostly they were just to burn time between class assignments, but soon turned to consume my free time. I wrote and wrote and wrote, but hardly let anyone read my writings. Every now and then someone would discover my writing or stumble upon my notebook and ask to read.

My poems struck some cords in people, but in a good way. I made a girl cry one time when she read a poem she asked me to write for her. That kind of threw me off a little bit. She tried to deny it, but when there are tear drops on the paper, it’s hard to say otherwise. I reluctantly read some poems in a poetry class I took in college. It blew some people away, although they could have just been being nice.

I was looking through my poems recently and I thought I would put together a book. From the hundreds of poems I’ve jotted down, I selected the ones I thought were meaningful and some that were just creative (which weren’t many). I hope this collection will give an insight on what a boy turning into a man is thinking and feeling about his life and the world around him. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home