My Teenage Mind

by Aaron Wine

This is a collection of poems that were mostly written when I was a teenager. I wanted to publish these in an actual book myself, but it proved to be time-consuming and costly. So here I am. Keep in mind, I was 15-19 when I wrote all but two or three of these.

Pain

When you find someone that completes you, there is no imagining what life would be like without them. Then it ends.

Whether it is a mutual break-up, an ugly break up, or you drifted apart; it still hurts. Not like a stubbed toe or a scraped knee like when you were younger, this is a whole new pain. Now you are incomplete. You are missing something, or someone. Not necessarily the better half, but half nonetheless. After a while the pain goes away and you become whole on your own. But until then, it just hurts.





Without You


Let’s put our differences aside and find a common love
I even forget what the reason for us fighting was
We shouldn’t fight over the little things
You don’t know how much you mean to me
Can’t we meet halfway so we agree?
And we can live together happily
I apologize for my wrong that I want to make right
I am blind without you, from you I have sight
I am deaf without you, from you I hear right
I can’t breathe without you, from you I get air
I’m not needed without you, for you I am there
We can’t afford to lose each other
You are my friend and you are my lover




Cold


Cold chilling face of an icey stare
A fatal glare like nothing’s there
No care for fright or despair
Not afraid to dare to strip a soul bare
A sudden scare and not play fair
Or pay fare when change is needed
Failure is only for the weak and defeated
No matter how many times it’s often repeated
My thoughtful warnings are never heeded
Never treated like an independent
Only takes a word or two if you meant it
A compliment would be nice if you could lend it
Or a thank you card if you could send it




Too Much Space


A burned indentation of good times
An ongoing notion of jealousy of what’s mine
Vultures ready to strike when moments of vulnerability appear
Denials and rejections is all they hear
A strong trust shared between two individual people
Believing as if souls were see-through
Acknowledging all that is present and all that is not
Two much space and not enough time, that’s all we got




You, Me, and Us


I would have died for you
I won’t even lie to you
Now I know what’s inside of you
I wouldn’t even say hi to you
As a person you disgust me
I hate you, you can trust me
Forgetting you is a must for me
I know you still lust for me
You didn’t care about us
You were happier without us
You always doubted us
You always took that route with us.




Take It Back


Why did I leave her for you?
Now I know you really aren’t all that good
You’re worse than me and now I see
I did it to her and now you do it to me
The sex was great but I guess that’s all you had
I hope she’ll take me back for doing her bad

I trusted you and even moved in with you
You kicked me out when you found someone else for you
Now I’m stuck and have no place to go
If I call her I hope to God she’ll show
I should have known, I wish I had seen
That unlike you, she will always be there for me

I blew it now; she came but did not say a word
I never thought I would be the one getting hurt
To see the emptiness in her eyes when she was driving
Let me know that without her I won’t survive
I did this for you and I hope you’re glad
Just remember it’ll come back ten times as bad.




You


You’d think I’d be mad, but I’m not
Things don’t faze me anymore
What happened was a mistake and you shouldn’t have gotten caught
How could this be the same person I used to adore?
You think you’re slick, and quick to deceive
You weren’t fooling anyone but yourself
Why do you think your lies I would believe?
Soon you’ll be by yourself
When I look in your eyes, I see right through you
I know you better than anyone
Everything you said has proved to be untrue
And I’m telling everyone
Now you lost me and don’t even know
You think you’re the only one who plays?
A relationship that I thought would grow
Have now numbered its days
As I sit back and think about what I’ve done
I still wonder how it could be
Who knew I was the one
And she was saying this to me.




Random Thoughts


Random thoughts of a lonely soul on the brink of depression
Translated from a clouded mind to ink impression
Undying love reeks from the aura of a punished man
To see and change the ways, show who I really am
A false projection of unfair behavior bestowed on a queen
For her to endure and not know the means
To forgive is a true sign of unconditional, eternal love
Rejoining a sacred bond between a fallen angel
And a heavenly dove




Replaceable


Together forever, as the saying goes
Nothing is forever, as everyone knows
Love for a girl only lasts a moment
I should have known it

Love for a woman is always consistent
How did I miss it?

You can commit to a work of art
But not the owner of your heart
Love is concrete, but the lover is temporary
When the lover is dead, which do you bury?
When the lover leaves, which do you think of?
When the lover is present, which do you enjoy more?
You miss the love more than you miss the lover
The person you can replace, the love is like no other




I’m Ok With It


It has been some time since I have known happiness,
Long days turn to longer nights alone and sad
Yearning for a hug or kiss from a lost love
But at the same time wanting to be alone, by myself.
I finally have time to think,
Let my mind run free;
No limit to my abilities,
No restrictions on my learning
I have the freedom and also the suppression of single life
An empty void left by a cold heart of which I adored
Whom I cherished
But took advantage
Wishing to reunite but also wishing to never see again,
My mind says never, but my heart says why not
Her hands can not be washed of this nor myself be cleansed
Two souls who were meant to be together
And can’t stand each other
Life goes on,
Someone else will make me happy again




Lost Love


emptiness of a lost love
felt forever within a lost soul,
must not turn around but keep progressing
to once again feel whole.

new love or companionship lies ahead,
another person to see, another person to care,
one who appreciates and enjoys the company,
never takes for granted, never would dare.

temporary fulfillment or instant gratification
to make it through the fog,
a different experience to live and learn from
or to choke and cough in the smog.

on any given moment, an image appears,
try to fight it off but never successful,
think of other things to move on, keep growing,
moving on is easy, letting go is stressful.




Time Heals


Time heals all wounds
But how much time? Exactly how long?
Days turn to weeks, weeks into months
Does it matter if the feelings were weak or if they were strong?
When wounds do heal
Is it gone forever or does it leave a scar?
Will you forgive and forget?
Or will it bother you, no matter how near, how far?
Questions with no answers, answers without questions
Who is to know, who is to tell
Pride and ego stand in the way of happiness or sorrow
Is it possible for the other to feel the same as well?




I Wonder


As I sit there staring into the sky
I wonder if you think about the same things as I
Do you reminisce when familiar songs play?
Have you ever sat still and thought of what I did today
Like I do;
It’s sad, I know, but it’s so true
No matter how bad we thought it was, we had us
Apart we were nothing, being together was a must
But things are better this way
Anyways, that’s how the saying goes
Who actually said it no one knows
Who ever said it has never felt like this
I always dream about you, but for you I don’t wish
Do you think the same things or is it just me
Has it been a long spring or is it just me
Not a second goes by that I don’t wonder what you’re doing
Do you do what I do; are you achieving the goals you’re pursuing?
You know, I think it’s just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home