My Teenage Mind

by Aaron Wine

This is a collection of poems that were mostly written when I was a teenager. I wanted to publish these in an actual book myself, but it proved to be time-consuming and costly. So here I am. Keep in mind, I was 15-19 when I wrote all but two or three of these.

Love

Is there such a thing as true love? How could you love one person more or less than the person before? Can you honestly say, “I love you like I’ve loved no one else,” or is all love the same and it depends on the special someone? If there is a love that can be called true, that must mean there is a love that is just love. Where would you draw the line to decide which is which, or is it something you wouldn’t dare think of. Love cannot be defined or compared by one person, or even ten. Everyone has their own view on the subject and few are alike. To one person it may mean you would die for the one you love. To another it could mean someone you just more than like. That is the difficult part of love, finding someone who has the closest definition to yours, someone who understands and expects most of, if not all of, the same things. Not a perfect match, but a match you are willing to explore.





First Love


First love is a beautiful thing
It is the first time you find someone you can’t be without
The first time you feel strong emotions for another person
The first person you would do anything for, without a doubt
It can never be duplicated or imitated
It is the purest love, sacred in a sense
Your eyes are open to a whole new world
But your heart is open for hurt at your expense
You think you know, but you have no idea
What real love is and how powerful it is
In your mind you believe this is the love of your life
Having no clue about the different people and love experiences
There is always that one chance which we all hold on to
That this person is in fact the one for you
To grow up, grow old, and live life with
We should be so fortunate to find that to be true
First love is always ended, abandoned, but not forgotten
Always thought about throughout your life
Thinking if you ever met up with this person down the road
Would it be a simple hi, or could sparks still fly




Angel (A Tribute To Sunshine)


She walks with grace
Subtle but noticeable
Through the paths of life
Down the trails of living
She is beauty
The complete definition
Begins with her name
And ends with her picture
She is what I want
Not need, in a sense
Knowing that no one needs anyone
But she is whom I want
She is the perfect woman
Beautiful flowing hair, heavenly body
Soul piercing eyes; soft, sweet voice
I lose my breath when she walks by
She doesn’t notice anyone
Or does she?
Does she notice me?
Admiring an angel





Secret


I’ll believe it when I see it
And if I see it, please believe
I’ll be the first to say it’s true
That I’m secretly admiring you

Right now I’m not too sure
If I were sure, I would know by now
For not knowing I feel like a fool
That I’m secretly admiring you

But I think I am
Or I know I am, I think
What would you do?

If you only knew

I was secretly admiring you





Precious Flower


Precious flower
Sought after and cherished
Without such flowers
Life on earth would perish
Most men are unworthy
To even glance at something so amazing
They try to approach
But their efforts are just wasted
Perfect in every way
Is this flower I see
Beautiful petals, scent so sweet
Sacred nectar untouched by bees
To own this flower would bring me joy
But the risk is too high
When cut from the soil that was once called home
The flower would eventually wilt and die
A visit every now and then will do
It’ll be all mine someday, I wish
I will have it all to myself, no other
And I can finally give it a kiss




One Day


One day is all I need to make you see
That you will never meet a man quite like me
I’ll do things that no one has done
Out of all the women, I’ll make you feel like the only one
Let you know how special you are
Precious as a flower, unique as a shooting star
I’ll make sure you never forget my name
If you seem too happy, I am to blame




Get To Know You


Is there a chance I can get to know you?
Find something about you
Laugh and have a good time with you
Nothing more and nothing less
I hope for more though, I must confess
For you make me curious about you
Make me want to write a poem about you
And I don’t even know you
Don’t know what you’re about or what you go through
But something about you makes me this way
Makes my voice change, forget what I want to say




So Deeply


I love you so deeply
I love you so much
I love the sound of your voice
And the way that we touch
I love your warm smile
And your kind, thoughtful ways
I love the joy that you bring
To my life everyday
I love you today
As I did from the start
And I’ll love you forever
With all of my heart




Beauty


Fields of flowers don’t match your beauty
The moon and stars don’t match your glow
A unique object of my attraction
The reason why, I just don’t know
A queen in your own right
To her majesty, I am her loyal subject
Mesmerized by a kind smile
For happiness, you are my outlet
An amazing person you are
You may not know it quite yet
I want to be the one to show you
For you, my sights are set




Deja Vu


Having that feeling again
And multiplying it by ten
The feeling of new love is unexplainable
Where do I begin?
Knowing what to expect and what to look for
Prepares you for everything
Learning some one new
Getting ready for anything
Another experience to add
To a life-long quest
This could be the one, but then again
There can always be a next
From the last love till now
There have been ones in between
No strong feelings, no kind of commitment
But that’s over for now; it’s just her and me
I’ll take what I’ve learned and make this better
Memories to make, chapters of history to write
Know what to look out for and learn
More love and fewer fights
I hate to say it, but this probably won’t be the last
I hope it is, but I know it won’t
Just another chance to feel new love again
Have fun while it lasts, or learn if I don’t





He Doesn’t


He doesn’t appreciate you like he should
Like I could
Like I would
He isn’t good enough to hold you down
Like I am
Because I can
He doesn’t really even treat you right
He ain’t right
You know I’m right
He doesn’t know you as well as he’s supposed to
Not a good choice for you
Let me get close to you
When was the last time he made you smile?
It wouldn’t have been a while
If you had my number to dial
He wouldn’t care if you left him
Don’t try to protect him
It would be worse if you kept him




How


How do I say I want you in my life?
How do I say someday you’ll be my wife?
How do I say you are my everything?
How do I say being with you is like a dream?

How can I show you how much I care?
How can I show you I will forever be there?
How can I show you I long for your touch?
How can I show you I want you so much?

How will you know my feelings for you?
How will you know my feelings are true?
How will you know if I don’t tell you?
How will you know that I love you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home